Tennessee Nurseries by the Numbers
Tennessee ranks eighth in the nation in total gross sales of nursery producing states. Read on for more interesting nursery stats:
- In 2009, Tennessee had 327 nursery operations. The United States had 8,441.
- In 2006, 135 of Tennessee’s nurseries had sales greater than $100,000.
- In 2006, 43 Tennessee nurseries had sales of more than $1 million.
- Tennessee ranks third in the nation for production of deciduous flowering trees, fourth for deciduous shade trees, and fifth for fruit and nut plants.
- Tennessee nurseries cover more than 1.5 billion square feet, or 34,000 acres, of land.
(Source: United States Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Statistics Service, 2007 Census of Agriculture)